Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's been a while....

So here I sit at work....dreaming of fishing. I haven't been in a very long time! As a matter of fact the last time I wet a hook, other than little walking trips with Paul for about 30 minutes, was August 30th. Like I said, I've stopped a couple of times and used the "emergency rod" from the trunk. (I really need to get a better "emergency rod". That thing is a piece of junk!) But not a "real" fishing trip where I take the kayak out. Work and school have gotten in the way. Mostly school as this half of the semester will be over this weekend. THANK GOODNESS!!!

It was with great expectation that I announced this past weekend, standing in the kitchen, that "I'm going fishing next weekend!" To which Danielle just looked at me, shook her head, smiled a little smile and said, "Okay......IF we have time." Dreams crushed I tell ya! CRUSHED! But that didn't nearly crush me to the core of who I am as bad as this WEATHER!!! A tropical wave/depression/storm/hurricane thing (it, nor the weather folks, could decide what it was) made landfall on the Gulf Coast last weekend. I expected it to roll up the Atlantic coast and hit us my mid-week. And that it did. However, it looks like it wants to stay around until the beginning of NEXT WEEK!!! Doesn't it realize that I have FISHING TO DO?!?! The percentage chances are supposed to be rather low this weekend so I may TRY to squeeze a short trip in if the winds aren't too bad. I REALLY want to head out to Rudee and see if I can hit the Puppy Drum, Gray or Speckled Trout. I'd even take a confused Flounder if they are still around! You MIGHT even convince me that a Blue Fish would be okay, too! (Convincing me of that might take an "adult beverage" or three, though)

So, here's to hoping the "weather gods" fully understand how I'm feeling about all of this and cooperate with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment