Saturday, December 28, 2013

Family Fun and Park Time for Paul

We have been trying for the past couple of days to get out of the house. The weather has been nice if a bit chilly. But today we finally drug ourselves out of the house and went to Munden Point Park with the kayaks. That meant some Oakum Creek time as well. Always a plus for daddy!

We made it over there right around 11:45 or so and immediately headed out on the water. Paul again did really well around the boat dock so that made Danielle and me extremely happy. The water was down a little bit from my last trip there and it was a little bit more murky. No gin clear water this time so my hopes were higher than the last time for an increased bite. But with a weather system coming in tomorrow and a cool down over the last few days I knew it would be a puzzle to say the least.

Nothing for most of the way up the creek. We made it up the boat dock and stopped going there. Partly because Danielle caught this HUGE twenty inch Chain Pickerel:

Danielle's 20" Chain Pickerel. Notice who got his hands dirty with Mr. Toothy!


That plus Paul was getting restless....A LOT! We made the decision to head back, but I could not leave that bend in the creek. I got a couple of solid bumps that just fueled the fire to work the spot thoroughly. But time was gone so I had to head back to the dock. I stopped in a couple of spots I knew held fish, but with no luck. In one spot I was working I received a text from Danielle. She told me that she was already at the boat dock and had already taken her kayak out of the water and was waiting on me. So I high tailed it back to the boat dock and there they were waiting for me.

So all totaled Danielle had the only fish of the day. Oh well. Keeping mommy happy is more important sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment