Friday, January 17, 2014

Lure Selection Lately

I thought I would take some time to show what lures I have been throwing lately. Not that I have been having all that much success with any one in particular, but more to record it for myself so I can look back next fall/winter. So, here goes...

First up suspending jerk baits.

Rapala X-Rap in Silver and Glass Ghost on the left. BPS XPS Suspending Minnow in Bone XXX Shad, and a Matzuo Phantom Minnow in Blue/Silver on the right.


Then the jig/craw trailer.

Hart Tackle Justice Jig w/Chunk Trailer in Blue/Black and a Pumpkin Seed Jig.

Texas-rigged worms.

7.5" worms in Pumpkin Seed, Junebug, and Tequila Shad.

Spinner baits are always tied on.

Mostly Willow-Leaf in Black, Chartreuse, and Chartreuse/White.

3 Strike King Mini King and one Booyah all 1/8th oz.
I have even been known to throw some shallow running crankbaits.

The two on the left are Strike King KVD in Sexy Shad and the two on the right are
BPS XPS Lazer Eye in Pearl Red Eye and Texas Shad.


And finally the humble Beetle Spin.

A Hurricane Curly Tail Grub on a red 1/8th oz saltwater jig head.



Like I said at the beginning this is what I am throwing. Some folks do better with different presentations than others. Some folks, like , can throw anything and catch fish. Hopefully, with a little more time on the water, I will become more comfortable and proficient with them all. I suppose only time will tell.

See you on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment