Monday, February 17, 2014

West Neck Creek - 2; Gilbert - 0

It was with high expectations that I met Rob at the ramp at West Neck Marina about 1000. I also had higher hopes due to the fact that I finally installed my Lowrance fish finder last night. Since this was my first fish finder I knew my learning curve would be high.
I made it out onto the water first so that put me on Charlie's Point first. I figured out how to put my Lowrance into "fish ID" mode and began marking fish immediately. They were deeper than I thought they would be, though. They were suspending out in the middle of the channel. The water was kind of low as well. The deepest spot I hit was near the West Neck Road bridge at six feet. The water temperature when we started was 39 degrees. By the time I finished it had warmed up to 43 just below the bridge.

I finally decided to head in with zero fish in the boat. I was pretty cold even though I was wearing several layers. My waterproof gloves were a joke! My hands were wet and cold. Not a good combination on a cold windy day. Hopefully things will start to turn around for me. This is getting depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment