Friday, February 14, 2014

What Was I Thinking?!

A few days ago the weatherman said that today was going to be somewhat chilly but doable. Then just yesterday the forecast had changed to chilly, but just about a gale was going to be blowing! However, with only a handful of days for fishing I decided to go anyway. BIG MISTAKE!

When I got up this morning the wind was blowing pretty hard. I got up and ate breakfast. I made the final decision and loaded up. I went to West Neck Creek Marina. When I pulled up at the ramp I knew I had made the wrong decision. But, since I was already there I figured that there was no since in wasting the $3 I paid to use the ramp.

The wind was HORRIBLE! There were white caps in the main channel at some points! What was I thinking?! I fought my way to Charlie's Point first. The wind was howling so hard that I could not even think about using my anchor pole so I just drifted down the bank. That is when I got my one and only productive "anything". I got a very solid double tap on the Mylar Minnow. That thing is a DREAM to fish with! I will cast a country mile and the action is solid. I know it will produce fish under better conditions!

The rest of the trip was an exercise in futility. Suffice it to say that I will not EVER make that mistake again! Hopefully the predicted weather for Monday holds as it is predicted. If so, I will be back at it again. Maybe this time I will even put a fish in the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment